۱۳۸۹ خرداد ۷, جمعه

Old Woman’s Bread and Broad Stone

Old Woman’s Bread and Broad Stone

Once upon a time, there was an old woman. She had a son and a girl, who were both married. Occasionally, she lived with her daughter, but because her groom didn’t like, she most stayed with her son. Her bride didn’t like the old woman too. The bride stuck a broad stone into the dough of bread when she was baking breads. That bread was baking so stiff. She waited until her husband went out. Then, she handed the bread to her mother-in-law. “Bake spongy and meaty bread for my mother.” her husband said, “she has no tooth.”

“I bake the best breads for her.” She said. And the man became glad.

One day, the son found his mother frustrated. “What is wrong, mother?” He asked.

“Neither you ask nor I answer.” She said.

“Certainly, you must tell me.” the son said insistently.

“Drop slipping by!” the mother said, “I will be a few other days on Earth. You’d better not to worry.”

“You must tell me, mom” the son said persistently.

“When I went to your sister, her husband denies me” she said, “and if I came here, your wife gets angry.”

“Did my wife tell you anything?” the son said.

“No!” she said.

But she told him what was going on. He didn’t believe it. “No! She always gives you the best bread.” the son said.

“You can stay at home and see what she does one day, if you don’t believe it.” Old woman said.

Tomorrow, the son stayed at home to look what his wife was doing. Like other days, her bride baked a bread looking forward to seeing her husband went. Then, she would bring stiff and ashy bread for her mother-in-law.

“Bring my mother’s bread!” the son ordered loudly.

“Ok!” his wife said, “take your bread and I will bring hers then.”

After a while, he shouted again telling, bring my mother’s bread.

“I can’t bring halfbaked bread. You better go to work, I will bring hers finally.”

He went toward baking oven when he was on doubt trying to bring the bread out of embers. “Why have you thrown my mother’s bread into the embers?” He said angrily.

“It was just dropped.” His wife said.

The man waited until the bread got colder and saw that it seemed heavy and meaty. He went to his mother. “This sounds good, mom.” he said.

“Yes, but break it down.” Her mother said.

The son took it apart and saw that upper side is stiff and tooth-breaking and there was a broad stone in. He became flamed and called his wife. “Is this the meaty bread I ordered you to bake for my mother?” he said.

The woman’s head descended down and kept quite.

“Get out of my house.” man said, “you did this to my mother and you’d not do better on me.”

“Don’t take her out of the house! This is her house too. She would see the results of what she does. God knows better.” the old woman said.

The bride was regretted and baked the best and meaty bread for old woman since.

This was the story. Goodness for us, and badness for evil.

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: